Friday, July 1, 2011

Fitness on a Budget?

It's not as big of a difficulty as it seems. As much as I love fitness, I can admit that it can be expensive. While I make it a priority, there are still some things that I can't afford right now, but hope to later. I've learned some tricks to staying fit on a budget though that have helped me stay fit without going over my budget.





  1. Get outside! There are so many great fitness activities that can be done for free outside. If you live near a public park there are tons of opportunities to work out, including swimming, running, hiking, playing tennis or volleyball. Living near a public high school also provides the opportunity to use tennis courts and the track especially during the summer when sports teams aren't practicing. You can even go for a walk or run around your neighborhood.
  2. Exercise DVDs and exercise videos OnDemand are also a good option. Exercise DVDs can be rented from the library for free or bought at Amazon for cheap. Comcast offers a wide array of exercise videos on OnDemand.
  3. Take advantage of the Internet's resources. Websites like Fitness Magazine, Fit Sugar, and Shape Magazine all offer free workouts that can usually be performed just using body resistance and in your house.
  4. Look out for good deals on GroupOn, Living Social and in gyms in your community. I've seen great deals for different gyms and fitness classes on GroupOn and Living Social. Different gyms also offer free introductory classes. Whether you choose to join the gym or not, it will still be a free workout. 
Fitness can be expensive, yes, but there's so many ways to stay in shape without spending too much money and the benefits will be very worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes