Thursday, July 7, 2011

There's Always Tomorrow

The amazing thing about getting in shape and working out is that there's no limit to what you can achieve. Of course, you may not become an Olympic athlete (it's nice to dream though), but you can push yourself to levels you would have never imagined when you began. 
This is too embarrassing to admit, but at my lowest point of being out of shape I couldn't even run a full mile. Today I run an average 8 minute mile. I'm not going to stop there because I know how far I've come and there's no limit to how far I can go. For this reason, I've come up with a variety of fitness goals to keep me pushing forward and add variety to my fitness routine. 

  1. Complete a triathlon: I've listed this first, not because I plan on doing it soon (sadly), but because it's something that would be a huge achievement for me and something I really want to do badly. I'm not the best swimmer so it'd be major to really work on my swimming. I'd rather complete a triathlon than run a marathon because of the diverse training it requires and I just can't imagine how great the adrenaline rush would be.
  2. Do Crossfit: Crossfit is my ideal fitness program, no doubt about it. I recently found out the new gym near my house and job happens to be a Crossfit affiliate, which is awesome! Crossfit is pricey, but it'd be worth the money once I reach the point in my fitness where I can complete it and dedicate a lot of time to it.
  3. Become an accredited trainer: I'm tentatively planning for next summer to take the test to become a personal trainer, which is super exciting! I love helping people improve their fitness and one of the best feelings is helping someone and seeing their excitement at their progress. If I can get a job at my local gym then I can do Crossfit for free, yes? 
I have plenty of other more short-term fitness goals, but when I think about what I want to do in the future, these goals keep me going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes