Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Butt is Big

Nike Women

This Nike Women ad isn't new, but I love it all the same. The Nike women ad series celebrates women with strong, athletic bodies instead of emphasizing just being "model thin". Of course, I also connect with it personally. I swore when I started working out seriously again that my butt would shrink. It didn't. Countless hours of run, plyometrics, strength training and yoga and, yes, I still have a butt. My jeans may be looser in the waist, but below that not so much. That is just fine with me. If I didn't have this butt and thighs I wouldn't be able to run like I do or kick with power and accuracy.
We all have a body part that may not be ideal, but it's okay. If you have muscular shoulders, you can probably throw with great power and strength. If you have long, thin chicken legs you can use them to run fast. It's really not about making your imperfections disappear, it's about embracing your body and making the most of your assets. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes