Before I go on, I'd like to bid an official adieu to my old laptop, which is now in laptop heaven or purgatory somewhere. Monday afternoon I came home from my classes to get in an Insanity workout before work and it just gave up on me. It was long overdue though. However now I have an awesome HP Mini (disclaimer: I was not paid in any way to say this!) and I'm so obsessed with it. The sales person didn't exactly give his vote of confidence as far as speed is concerned, but I'm impressed. I use the Internet for pretty basic needs: word processing and browsing, but it's faster than my old laptop. I just hope I can magically recover my old files.
But moving past that little aside, I'd like to address the current bane of my existence: allergies. According to articles I've recently read, thanks to heavy rains and lots of sun in the Northeast this summer, we can expect a serious allergy season. Honestly, this is the first year I've ever dealt with serious allergies, but according to my research it can take years for allergies to emerge.
So here I am with a congested nose, scratchy throat, itchy, watery eyes - classic hay fever symptoms. And worst of all, these symptoms have been dominating my life for 48 hours straight...clearly they are not going anywhere. I've taken some over-the-counter medications, but I'm not a fan of overmedicating. I also forget to take pills multiple times a day or I just don't want to exert the extra (most likely worthwhile) effort to do so.
Unfortunately, I have no cure for allergies so really this post is more of me venting than anything. I have to say though that exercise makes me feel immensely better (at least for an hour or so after) and drinking coffee and green tea really helps my throat. A lot of natural remedies aren't actually proven or are expensive, such as neti pots, but one remedy I've found that is doable is increasing Omega 3's in the diet. I'm supposed to be doing this regardless, so this provides me another reason. Eating spicier foods also acts as a natural decongestant; I'm fairly certain the only time I could really breathe yesterday was after eating enchiladas for dinner.
Right now I'm just crossing my fingers for the first frost - I know it's early, but I'd like to breathe.


9:50 PM
Angela

0 comments:
Post a Comment