Anyone who works out knows that eventually, if you do it enough and really integrate it into your lifestyle, you can't stop talking about it. You talk about your new favorite fitness class or the new equipment you bought or maybe how you set your own personal record for the 5k for which you've been training.
I'll absolutely admit that I do it. I can just feel my face light up when someone asks me about exercise or mentions sports. Often times when talking about working out I'm faced with the question, "You work out?"
This time last year one could describe me as "skinny fat". Genetics absolutely plays a large role in weight and my parents have always been small and athletic. Luckily I inherited those genes, so when I fell off my fitness track in my first two years of college it didn't have much of an effect on my weight. I drank as much soda as I wanted, ate as much fast food as I wanted, and exercise was not on my radar.
I started working out really just to pick up a hobby when I began working part-time instead of full-time. Within a few weeks, I fell in love with it all over again. I had more energy, my body felt stronger and tighter and I could work out longer and harder with every workout. After an intense workout, I just felt this high that could take away any stress I was experiencing and I had so much more focus. Nothing beats that feeling for me.
I don't work out to lose weight. I don't even look at the scale anymore. I workout to focus on me, make myself better, relieve my stress, and become healthier. There are so many benefits to working out beyond losing weight, so whether it's weight loss or health that motivates you, you'll find endless benefits to making fitness a priority.


6:48 PM
Angela
Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment