skip to main |
skip to sidebar

8:40 PM

Angela
No comments
I love a lot of things about fall, but what I really love is fall desserts (especially pumpkin). I have to actively avoid going to Starbucks daily and packing on the pounds, but I am constantly craving baked goods. I guess that's just what happens when it gets cooler and I actually get an appetite again. So I've been looking up some healthier alternatives that allow you to enjoy the delicious tastes of fall without devouring tons of calories.
- Apple spice cake - this recipe uses fat free cream cheese and replaces butter with vegetable oil for a healthier cake. It uses all the lovely fall spices like nutmeg and cinnamon, as well as apples at peak season!
- Pumpkin orange cake - even if you don't like baking, please just click the link to look at the recipe. This cake is gorgeous! With the inclusion of oranges and pomegrantes, it has nutrients instead of all carbs too. It looks like a lot of work, but I have a feeling it would be worth it.
- Banana protein pancakes - I found this recipe on one of my new favorite fitness blogs, Peanut Butter Fingers. It could not be more simple or look more delicious. I haven't made breakfast in so long that I think I will be making it Saturday morning. Bananas are one of the few foods that are constantly stocked in my house, so I have no reason not to!
- Low fat pumpkin cream cheese brownies - this recipe sounds way too good to be true, but it's not. The key is using pumpkin instead of all the oil and fat regular brownies require. You can also use egg whites instead of a whole egg, although either way the brownies are low in calorie.
Now I'm starving, so I basically defeated my purpose, but I will be indulging in some of these desserts and not feeling the guilt!
0 comments:
Post a Comment