Monday, October 24, 2011

Cup of Joe

You may be wondering why I'm blogging at 8am (most likely you're not). My car wouldn't start this morning - what a lovely way to start off my Monday! Looks like I may need to start saving a little more money. Luckily, I already have a plan in place to start saving more money, thanks to a little decision I made yesterday.
It's time to cut back on Starbucks - seriously. I've been uber stressed the past week over my schedule for next semester, whether I'll be able to get a paid internship, and general senior year of college woes. So what do I do when I'm stressed? Drink sweet, sugary lattes of course! I've been working on cutting back on the cholesterol and now it's time to cut back on the sugar too.
Not only will cutting back to one Starbucks trip a week save me about seventy-eighty dollars a month (SAD, but I told you I was addicted), but it will save me about 300-500 calories a day. Yes, I've been known to go to Starbucks twice a day. Over the past week or so I've noticed that I've been gaining weight and while I could blame not working out 1-2 hours a day like I did over the summer, I really think it's the Starbucks.
Today I started off my Starbucks detox right, however. I drank a regular cup of coffee at home without the sugar containing French vanilla sweetener I usually add. From now on, when I'm craving something sweet I'll be making a smoothie, a soy chai tea latte, or just some regular coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes