| WeHeartIt |
So in honor of my long overdue vacation, here's some ways to optimize your swimming workouts to burn more calories:
- For cardio work, start with sprints for the first half of your swim and then slow down to an easier swim. Because of the resistance in the water, it's not as easy to do sprints in the water as it is on land. You can also integrate dolphin or flutter kicks into your swim to mix up the leg workout.
- Negative splitting! I'm a huge fan of using negative splitting in my runs. Basically, negative splitting is swimming the last half of your race at a faster pace than the first half. One way to get negative splitting down is to start your race at 80 percent effort, then 85, 90, 95 and finish your race by going all out!
Sadly, I don't swim as much as I'd like to, but swimming is a great workout nonetheless. Even if it's an easy swim with friends, you're burning good calories and going easy on your joints - a serious win-win.


12:00 PM
Angela
Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment