Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fitspiration: Shakira


I have always had the biggest girl crush on Shakira! In fact, the title of my blog, Sale El Sol, happens to be inspired by her song of the same name. She is incredibly talented and fit - I certainly hope to have a body like that when I'm 34.

Shakira loves belly dancing, which is how she maintains the perfect curvy and toned physique. She definitely helped turn belly dancing into a serious craze; it really is an ultimate hip and core workout. Shakira has shared that she loves sugar and chocolate (not super healthy, but something we have in common), but I think it's great that she indulges once in awhile. I'm a firm believer that if you deprive yourself of the things you love, you'll just end up craving them more. 
Another thing I love about Shakira is her love for soccer and her commitment to helping children in poverty. Shakira created her own foundation, Pies Descalzos, which has built special schools for poor children in Colombia. Yesterday Shakira and her boyfriend, FC Barcelona star Gerard Pique (most gorgeous couple ever), announced a joint initiative between Pies Descalzos and FC Barcelona to create a center for poor children in Miami. The goal of the program is to convert a YMCA to a sports facility which will use soccer to help educate children in poverty. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes