| WeHeartIt |
I used to absolutely dread incline or hill runs. I'd always feel great running fast as I can on a track or a flat surface, but throw a hill in there and the struggle would begin. Getting used to running hills is an integral part of a running program, however. Not only does it make it ten times easier to run a race, but it helps burn more calories, tone your legs and thighs, and improve your endurance.
When doing incline work, make sure you don't overexert yourself. Hikers don't run, so neither should you when starting out with hills. I do my incline work at a comfortable jog so that, while my legs are doing a ton of work, I'm not pushing myself too much anaerobically. A solid jog pace is different for everyone, so choose the right pace for you before you begin. I use the following treadmill incline workout to simulate running outside on hills:
- 0:00-1:00 Walk, 0.0 incline
- 1:00-2:00 Walk, 1.0 incline
- 2:00-4:00 Jog, 2.0 incline
- 4:00-6:00 Jog, 3.0 incline
- 6:00-8:00 Jog, 4.0 incline
- 8:00-10:00 Jog, 5.0 incline
- 10:00-12:00 Jog, 6.0 incline
- 12:00-14:00 Jog, 7.0 incline
- 14:00-16:00 Jog, 8.0 incline
- 16:00-18:00 Jog, 7.0 incline
- 18:00-20:00 Jog, 6.0 incline
- 20:00-22:00 Jog, 5.0 incline
- 22:00-24:00 Jog, 4.0 incline
- 24:00-26:00 Jog, 3.0 incline
- 26:00-28:00 Jog, 2.0 incline
- 28:00-29:00 Walk, 1.0 incline
- 29:00-30:00 Walk, 0.0 incline


11:58 AM
Angela
Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment