If you haven't heard of Jenna Marbles, you are missing out! She is so hilarious and super bold. I'm telling you, look her up, you will not regret it.
Once you watch the video, you will understand the point of this post. We all have pet peeves at the gym. I, like Jenna, hate the gym creeper phenomenon. The elliptical definitely brings on this issue the most. When I work out, I work out hard and I sweat bullets. If I just jogged for 30 minutes I would probably be able to look cute and sweat-free, but I prefer to push my body to its limits. So I hate the random looks I get when I'm on the elliptical, pushing the resistance up higher and higher, sweating like crazy, and I get those "Really?" looks. Clearly I wouldn't be sweating so much if I wasn't working hard. I don't really worry about what other people do at the gym because my only real concern is making myself better. Therefore, it's super annoying that other people pay so much attention to what someone else is doing at the gym.
My serious pet peeve though is people who care more about looking cute at the gym than working out. At my job I see women come in from the gym everyday, looking like they didn't even break a sweat. I truly don't understand how someone can go to the gym, wearing make-up and looking super put together, and come out looking the exact same. Yesterday I went to the gym and was very perplexed to see a girl wearing a tunic, leggings, and loafers to work out. She, of course, didn't break a sweat and spent half the time on her cell phone. I don't quite understand how that can be considered working out.I have to say that some activity is definitely better than none, but don't be afraid to sweat! Really the body is capable of so much more than people think it is.


11:02 AM
Angela
Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment