Thursday, August 18, 2011

Quick, Healthy, and Addictive

Starbucks
I have to admit it: I am obsessed with Starbucks. Maybe not as obsessed as a large segment of the American public (I go a few times a week max), but I still love my Starbucks. Cinnamon dolce lattes are my staple drink and when autumn comes I'll be all over the pumpkin lattes and egg nog lattes in the winter. 
While the drinks are delicious, I also love some of Starbuck's food options. The reduced fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich is my favorite on-the-go breakfast. It has egg white, reduced fat turkey bacon, cheese on a whole wheat English muffin and comes in at only 320. I practically salivate just thinking about this sandwich. The only thing better than the taste and calories is that it keeps me full until time for lunch.
Starbucks has recently introduced another great idea: the Bistro Box. Starbucks Bistro Box options include tuna salad, chicken lettuce wraps, salami and cheese, chicken/hummus, protein plates, sesame noodles and fruit and cheese plates. I haven't tried them all yet, but my favorite so far is the protein plate. The protein plate includes an hard-boiled egg, grapes, apple slices, muesli bread and almond butter. It sounds like a mere snack, but it's actually quite filling! While the cost is a bit high, you pay for the convenience and health of the meal - which isn't a bad trade-off. Next time you're out to get coffee, you can pick up a Bistro Box while you're there and enjoy a delicious and nutrient-packed lunch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes