| Run for It |
I hear it all the time: "I'd work out, but I'm just too busy". I can definitely understand thinking that between school, work, errands, having a social life and family there is no time to work out. That's a mindset that can easily change though. Once you get started, it becomes a lot easier to keep up with workouts and find creative ways to fit workouts in when you have little time.
So here's some ways to fit working out into your life without making too many sacrifices:
- Work out with friends! It's definitely a challenge for me to fit in classes, studying, work, working out and a social life when the semester starts. One thing that helps me to have fun and get in a good workout is going on a hike or to the gym with my friends. Even if you just go for a walk, you're still burning calories and it's great motivation to stay in shape.
- Set time aside for yourself. My schedule can be pretty tight, but Monday-Friday I set aside from the time I get out of class (11am on MWF and 12:45pm T/Th) until 3pm for time to work out or work on homework. Since my work schedule changes from week to week, I have to give myself a period of time where I know I won't be scheduled for work or in class and I can use that time effectively. It can be hard to block periods of time out, but even if you do it a few times a week it will make working out easier.
- Incorporate quick workouts into your day. If you're sitting at a desk or in an office, you can do lunges or squats to get some toning in. Taking the stairs or taking a walk during your lunch break can also help burn some quick calories. You can also try doing yoga before bed. 15-30 minutes of yoga will help with toning, flexibility and balance, as well as help relax you before bed. On days when you absolutely cannot work out this an excellent way to still work on your fitness.
- Make it a habit. If fitness is a part of your life, it will always be a part of your life. I make sure I always work out 6 days a week because, if I don't, it feels like something is missing. Sometimes I do make adjustments. If it's a busy week I may only get in 30 minutes one day, but I'm still being active and making time to better myself.


11:33 AM
Angela
Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment