Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vacay Highlights

I'm back, much to my chagrin (although, to be fair, I did miss blogging). My vacation was exactly what I needed: some good rest and relaxation. I wish I had some pictures for you all, but taking pictures is not one of my strong suits. I'm hoping that getting an iPhone in a few months and having a blog will motivate me to take more pictures. Luckily, I have tomorrow off for appointments, errands and Happy Hour with some friends (hopefully we'll be able to catch the US Men's team take on Mexico in their friendly). I have a million things I should be doing right now, but I'd like to share some of my vacation highlights:

  • The beautiful weather, accentuated by walks on the beach and the bay!
  • Spending time with my family.
  • Swimming!
  • Being active all day, walking, yoga, swimming, you name it.
  • Real breakfasts, instead of the regular Starbucks and 711 breakfast sandwiches (not that I don't love them)
  • Fresh seafood for dinner every night
  • The Rise of the Planet of the Apes - pretty solid action film, if you ask me
  • Scoring some wasabi mustard and pretzels from Harry and David - delicious!
  • Having the time to finish reading the Hunger Games series, which I am totally obsessed with.
  • Turning off my cell phone for most of the trip - no interruptions, no technological distractions.
  • Finding out that I can get back on my parents' cell phone plan in December, thus splitting my cell phone bill in half and alleviating some of my financial obligations.
Now, however it's back to reality, but I'm excited to do some serious training to set a PR for my 5k and get ready for classes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes