Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just Can't Get Enough

Xbox Kinect, Xbox Sports, Dance Central
 I'll admit, Wii Sports seemed like a pretty cool idea, but I was skeptical. I didn't think you could get a great workout from a video games system, but, to be fair, I was equally skeptical of Beachbody workouts before I tried them. So, of course, I was also skeptical of Xbox Kinect. On Friday though, my friends told me they had actually played Kinect Sports and it was a serious workout. After reading countless reviews (I like to do my research), it seemed like something great to try. I love anything that gets people active and since we live in such an age of advancing technology, it's smart and innovative to combine fitness and technology. It's not that expensive for what you're really getting out of it. If you use it enough it definitely adds up to less than a gym membership would! Sadly, textbook time has me unable to buy one now but I'm hoping to get one by around Christmas.
Under Armour
I am obsessed with workout clothes! Coming from someone who used to only buy dresses, this is a major change. For inexpensive but quality activewear, I recommend Target. For $10-$20 you can score great workout shorts that are comfortable and very cute. However, I'm in love with Under Armour's attack shorts. They're the perfect length and incredibly versatile. I have the green and pink shorts, but I want a pair in every color! Today Under Armour is offering free shipping to new customers, so it's the perfect time to stock up on some new fitness gear.
Merrell Women's Barefoot Pace Glove
I need some new running shoes, no question about it. I've been investigating my options, but I'm leaning strongly toward Merrell's Barefoot Pace Glove. I love lightweight running shoes since they provide a much more natural stride. When you run barefoot or with lightweight shoes, you use muscles you forgot you had. I'm definitely excited to buy these and I'll certainly be purchasing them before my 5k in October!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes