Pumpkin is a good addition to any food: pie, bread, soup, muffins, lattes and, yes, pancakes. So today after my exam I made pumpkin pancakes! I used Trader Joe's Pancake and Waffle mix, which is a steal at only $2.99. I mixed it with an egg, vanilla soy milk, butter and my secret ingredient, soy vanilla protein powder!
I've recently spotted a few pancake recipes that included protein powder, so I figured it'd be a good addition to my pancakes. It was! They pancakes I made were tiny (mostly because I haven't quite mastered flipping large pancakes), but they filled me up from 12 noon to about 4:30. Considering I usually get hungry about 2 hours after eating, this is an accomplishment. Equally important is the fact that they were delicious.
So if you're a pancake person, try adding protein powder to your pancakes - it's a good way to get protein in so you don't feel like you're stuffing yourself with empty carbs!


10:14 PM
Angela

Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment