Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Things

Today has been one of those days. I spent an hour and a half in traffic for what should be a twenty minute drive to campus, I'm breaking out, my hair is a frizzball and I have a serious headache. There...it feels good to vent. There's healthier ways to try and feel a little better though. When I'm busy or stressed out or irritable (or all of the above), I try to think of my favorite things - or in some cases, get them. It really helps me get through whatever is bothering me. Here are a few of my favorite things:
  • Mud masks: I really hate when it's humid and disgusting outside and I come home with my face feeling extra oily. The best solution I've found for that gross feeling is a mud mask. I love how clean and fresh my skin feels after! I'm currently using Queen Helene's mud mask - it doesn't contain many artificial ingredients and it's very affordable.
  • Pumpkin anything: I don't care if it's pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin muffins...pumpkin anything makes my day. There's nothing wrong with a little indulgent and now that it's fall I can reward myself with delicious pumpkin lattes and muffins!
  • Nail polish: You'll never find me without nail polish on - ever. I really love vibrant colors, but I go through different phases. Buying new nail polish or painting my nails always puts me in a better mood.
  • Food Network: Food Network is my favorite channel! Watching Chopped, Iron Chef, and Cupcake Wars always brightens my day. I try not to watch TV all the time, but when it makes me feel a little better it's worth it. 
  • Green smoothies: I'm drinking one now because it's my last ditch effort to feel better and I hope it works! Even if it doesn't, they taste delicious and it feels good to get in some antioxidants, fruit, protein and vitamins all in one drink.
I do have to say I feel marginally better after I began this post a few hours ago (I had to set it aside to take a nap), so I hope I can get a last minute burst of energy. In about an hour I'm going to an Xpose fitness class with my friend Michel, which I'm excited to review tomorrow or Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes