I don't have any particular theme jumping out at me for a post today, but I have some random things on my mind!
- Jillian Michaels' workouts are no joke! I've randomly been trying OnDemand workouts when I'm limited on time and today I saw Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred Level 2. Level 3 wasn't available and of course I figured I was too advanced for Level 3, so I jumped into Level 2. It was no simple workout. It's a circuit base workout with 3 different circuits. Each circuit consists of 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work. On the plus side: it's a solid, sweat-inducing total body workout. The strength training is the strongest portion of the workout though. The cardio isn't quite as intense as I prefer, but the strength training is full body and intense. Exercises include leg raises with shoulder presses, squat rows, and hammer lunges. Combining lower body with upper body work is killer (and I probably used weights that were too heavy).
- I'm currently reading an interesting study conducted by the Ohio State University Medical Center! According to this study, mice placed in more complex social environments lost more weight than their bored counterparts. The social mice were also more resistant to putting on more weight even when fed high-fat diets. It would be very difficult to replicate this study in humans (Experimental Psychology methods are heavy on mind right now), but it presents interesting evidence.
- I'm still trying to figure out ways to fit in everything I want to do! I swear there aren't enough hours in a day. It's difficult to fit extra things in between classes, work, homework, working out, blogging semi-regularly and having a social life. But there's still so much to be done! Here's my list within a list:
- Buy and watch Seasons 1 and 2 of Modern Family (this will easily take all semester, if not longer)
- Bake more
- Join a real gym (Not plausible this semester, but I still want to do it)
- Dye my hair
- Clean and organize my room and car (This kind of needs to happen as soon as possible)


9:00 PM
Angela
Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment