Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waka Waka!


Anyone who knows me knows that the ONLY thing I cared about last year was the World Cup in South Africa. Equally, anyone who knows me knows that I love Shakira. So it should be no surprise that "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)" is possibly one of my favorite songs.
It reminds me of the World Cup and yes that's a huge part of why I love it so much, but it also gets me through some tough workouts and, more importantly, some tough times. I have neglected this blog the past few days, not because I'm giving up on it, but because it's been a crazy and very stressful time. It's crunch time and I have a million things to accomplish! I'm making progress though and I find myself getting closer and closer to my goals. I may not get exactly what I want exactly when I want it, but I'm getting what I want.
Now although I haven't made enough time to post recently, I have made time to workout. I've also decided to get my running groove back. Between yoga, the elliptical and toning workouts running has been on the fitness backburner for awhile. I decided last weekend though that I am one hundred percent running the Baltimore Under Armour half-marathon next year and considering how I run now it's entirely conceivable I could run one in a few months, let alone in a year. I initially wanted to run the full marathon, but the hypochondriac in me is petrified that I have some type of undiagnosed heart defect that will cause me to collapse before the finish line. I guess I could always just go to the doctor and find out?
Anyway, here's my weekly workout schedule:
  • Monday - 3 mi run
  • Tuesday - rest
  • Wednesday - 3 mi run
  • Thurs - Body pump
  • Fri - elliptical 30 mins
  • Saturday - 4 mi run, RPM cycling class
The plan I'm doing now is super manageable, so no excuses!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes