Saturday, October 8, 2011

Modern Family, BodyPump and that In-Between Stage


I'd like to begin this Saturday morning mixed up post with my favorite clip from Modern Family. This is a clip from the Pilot episode and possibly one of my favorite TV moments of all time. If you don't fall in love with Modern Family after watching the Pilot episode, maybe you should re-evaluate your life. I've also noticed through my Modern Family mini-marathons that I'm totally Alex. She said her biggest fear in life was getting a B - sounds far too accurate.
This morning I made it to the 7:30am BodyPump class at the gym and I definitely enjoyed it! The music is great and it really is a total body workout - you start with a warm-up and go through a full body circuit including squats, deadlifts, shoulders, triceps, back, biceps and abs. I took it a little easy with the weights, but I'm not used to working with barbells and I wanted to really get the moves and the form. I really felt (and still feel) the burn in my arms from the biceps and shoulder circuits. The high number of reps without breaks works the arms perfectly. I was only disappointed with the abs sections. After doing Ab Ripper X and Insanity abs regular sit-ups just don't do it for me anymore. I definitely plan on doing more Bodypump classes with my Groupon though and hopefully Monday I can try Bodyattack!
I'm just going to completely ignore any type of segue yet again and move on to my new topic of interest - stress and my skin. My skin has been breaking out like crazy and I know it's because of the stress: the stress of this in-between stage I am experiencing. I've been working so hard to do well in my job, perfect my resume, and get a great GPA and I really just want to see the fruits of my labor. I have a plan, so I'm not just floating along aimlessly. I actually have a best case scenario and worst case scenario plan, so I'm really not floating along aimlessly. It is taxing though, working so hard and not knowing how exactly things will turn out. The most surprising part of this, however, is what made me feel a little bit better. I went out to get skin cream and found myself, accidently, driving in the direction of my old job. I wasn't going to waste gas turning around, so I went inside to get what I needed. I saw very few familiar faces, but eventually I did see some of the people I used to supervise. Despite the fact that it's almost a year to the day that I left, they remembered me and said that they really missed me. It meant a lot to me that people still felt that way about me and I started to put things into perspective. Eventually I will still to see results, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes