Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday equals Game Day!


I really haven't posted since Monday? Really? I guess it makes sense; this week has been a blur to say the least. I've been looking forward to today all week though; 5 mile run, pumpkin pancakes, Ravens game, Next Iron Chef premiere and relaxation in general. I'm hoping the Ravens make up for their abysmal performance last Monday against the Jaguars. My Ravens will always have my heart, but I want to see them win! So I guess I should update on the happenings of last week, huh?
  • I got my Merrel barefoot running shoes in the mail on Wednesday and they feel like a dream! I first ran 3 miles with them on Friday and it felt like I was running on air. Finally, after months of my feet feeling like they were close to amputation, the pain in my feet is subsiding. Now all I need is my new pair of work shoes and I should be set for a full recovery. 
  • My latte detox has been going surprisingly well. I did go to Starbucks twice last week, but that's still a fifty percent reduction in lattes, so I'd classify it as a win. I think I can reward myself once in awhile, right?
  • Looks like I'm getting a new car! I've been putting off this decision forever, but I think it's time. After my car decided to randomly die on me Monday (and was subsequently brought back to life for the millionth time), the windshield wipers stopped working on me yesterday while I was driving in a lovely snow/rain combination. I'd be surprised if I can get much of anything for my car at this point, but I'll take even a few hundred dollars, plus I have enough money saved up for a decent down payment. I'll hopefully get it week after next because I'm waiting for...drumroll please...
  • A possible internship offer! I interviewed about two weeks ago for an unpaid spring internship with a staffing firm and I received an offer a few days ago - super exciting. However, I also applied for a paid Human Resources intern position on Tuesday night, Wednesday they called me for a phone interview, and Thursday I went in for a real interview! It went well and I'm really liking the company and the position, plus my hours would be ideal. I'd have evenings and weekends free, although I'd stay as a seasonal employee at my current job and work one weekend a month (anticipating car payments). My fingers are crossed that I'll get this offer; there are so many huge advantages to getting a paid internship (I can take 4 real classes next semester instead of 3, making money - obviously, and I don't have to stress over balancing an internship, work, and classes). 
  • Hello last minute win by the Buckeyes last night! What an exciting end to the game! I still remember the tough loss to Wisconsin last year, but despite our NCAA struggles and drama, we pulled out a win.
I'm looking forward to this week because I should have less to stress me out! I'm not applying to any more internships, which is going to save me a huge amount of time (applying for jobs is a full time job!). And to all my followers, have a very happy Halloween! With all the insanity, I forgot it was Halloween weekend until Friday night when I had to work...that kind of reaction to Halloween is typical for me, but I still love seeing creative costumes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes