Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Titles are Overrated

Basically, that's my way of saying that I don't have the creativity in me right now to come up with a creative title. It's okay though. What I have to say today is a bit of a mash-up of everything that's been going on in my life the past few days so there's no real theme involved.

  • I'm learning HTML! How exciting! Right now my blog is just a basic Blogger template, but I really want to make it more personal and I don't want to pay someone to make my template when I know I can learn it myself. It won't be up tomorrow or anything, so don't get excited. I'll make my way though. I was inspired Monday when I went to a meeting for the internship of a lifetime. The recruiter kept mentioning to know your product and sell it and that if you really want something, you'll change in the right direction to get it. I'm proud of where I am right now, but there are ways I can step up my resume between now and February and I'm all over it.
  • Speaking of internship of a lifetime and the job search in general, did you know 7 out of 10 employers reject employees based on social networking? That's pretty significant. Some of the reasons include: posting inappropriate photos or comments, posting comments about drinking or drugs, lying about qualifications, and posting negative comments about an employer. My Facebook is pretty private; I have few pictures posted, no one can post on my wall and only friends of friends and networks should be able to find me. My Twitter is now protected too, so hopefully I'm okay. I just Googled my name as well and turns out there's more qualified Angelas who pop up on the Internet way before I do. As far as this blog goes, I'm considering making some of my more personal posts private, although I think it's pretty clear by what I post that I don't exactly live a wild and crazy life. But if any of my followers have any tips, please let me know! The next year is a very pivotal moment in my life and I don't want social media interfere.
  • Yesterday's Groupon was awesome! In case you don't subscribe to Groupon, the offer was either 10 Brick Bodies fitness classes for $12 or 20 classes for $19. The offer expires December 31, 2011 and I'm not one hundred percent sure I'd take 20 classes in the next few months, so I went with the 10 class offer. I'm really excited to try Bodypump, Bodyattack, Bodycombat and possibly some cycling classes. I usually like to sleep in a bit on my day off, which happens to be Saturday this week, but I may get up early to check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes