Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksforgiving

Yes, I am fully aware that I'm only a week late on my obligatory Thanksgiving post. I could just skip over the holiday altogether, but this year I am thankful for so much.
I thought about doing the whole "oh I'm thankful for my family and friends and job and having food to eat", but how about we skip all that? I am thankful for all of those things and I don't even know that I could fully articulate how thankful I really am for all my blessings. However, I have some different, relatively random things that I am also quite thankful for:

  • Food Network: What would I do without Chopped, Next Iron Chef, Iron Chef or Cupcake Wars? Just when I thought reality TV couldn't get any better, Food Network reality shows came along. It's also thanks to Food Network that my family's Thanksgivings have become exponentially more delicious.
  • The ability to work out: I never thought I could physically achieve what I have. Working out has had such an awesome effect on my mind and body; I am so thankful that I can run and jump and dance and lift weights. Being physically fit and able is something people don't really think about, but I am very grateful that I'm able to work out.
  • The Hunger Games: I won't say that The Hunger Games is the next great American novel, but I love this trilogy. I felt tears welling up in my eyes when I first saw the trailer actually (don't judge me). I don't get many opportunities to read because I take classes year round, so I was very happy to discover a fun, enthralling book series for the end of the summer. 
  • Starbucks: My love for Starbucks is a gift and a curse. Remember when I said I wasn't going to drink so much Starbucks? That attempt failed. I still love my cinnamon dolce lattes, not every day, but I deserve to indulge once in awhile.
  • Movies: I cannot believe that a litle over a year ago I rarely went to the movies. I actually lost count of how many movies I've seen in the past twelve months. It's a great feeling to be able to take a few hours out of the day and not stress out about anything. I could go to the movies every week, if given the opportunity. 
  • Leggings: Does this one really need an explanation? We should all be grateful for leggings.
I'm also incredibly thankful for all the people who read my blog, especially through my recent disappearance erratic posting. Writing brightens up my day and helps me to put things in perspective, so I'll always be writing, even when things get crazy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes