Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's My Time

WeHeartIt
I am totally commemorating the beginning of this post by listening to "It's My Time" from the Black Swan soundtrack and, with that dramatic introduction, I have an announcement to make. I got the job! I am so very excited and semi-overwhelmed with how quickly this all happen - I applied last Tuesday night and I got the call today around 4ish. The timing couldn't have been more perfect though, so I am super relieved. I have to warn everyone though: the blogging may be very inconsistent next week and the following week. Getting adjusted to a new schedule is going to be exciting, but also crazy. I also need to kick it into high gear and figure out how I'm going to fit in workouts. I've put off getting up before 6am to workout since I can't get past the thought that I'm often at work until 9:30pm (waking up at 5:30am just seems too extreme). Now though I'll be getting home around 6, but with homework looming in the evening hours I'd rather start my day off with a workout. I'm still getting used to the fact that I'm going to have an almost adult schedule - no nights and weekends! Tomorrow I think I'll attempt to transfer some of my Insanity workouts from my old laptop to this one; I find that Insanity is a good motivator for me to get out of bed because it's such a deep, intense sweaty workout. All that excitement aside, there are two random things I wanted to mention before I forget!
  • Has anyone seen the Inside Edition story on Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit? I found the preview intriguing: a guy who previously had a six pack eating like mad to gain a ton of weight. I of course had to stick around and find out why he'd do such a thing. Turns out he's attempting to become a better personal trainer by actually going through an intense weight loss himself. I think psychologically this could really help his relationship with his clients; if they know he has completed something like this, they will trust him more. I could never do it though. It would take an immense amount of effort for me to gain that much weight and I imagine I'd just feel so sick all the time. Plus I have to worry about the negative health side effects - what about cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes and the metabolism slowing down?
  • This isn't a book review, since I haven't actually read or purchased the book yet, so perhaps it's a bit premature. However, I'm really looking forward to purchasing Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns). I read one of her articles in Glamour magazine and I just fell in love with her writing style - she's engaging, captivating and just seems like the type of person you'd want for your best friend. I find Kaling to be refreshingly honest and of course she's super funny. I can't wait to read this book - it'll be the perfect partner to all my heavy Statistics and Psychology readings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes