Tomorrow I start my new internship! I also start a very long string of work-filled days. Since I agreed to work at my current job Friday, Saturday and Sunday of this week I will be working twelve days straight (and we have two work meetings this week - fun!). Today has consequently been spent preparing for what will be a tough, but totally rewarding week.
- I'm getting ready for adult things- packing healthy lunches, waking up at 5:20am to fit in daily workouts, having an extended commute, dressing for a business casual environment (although luckily I saw jeans when I went in for my interview!) and attempting to organize my room and my closet. I'm very excited and I've been reading up on various blogs to see how some of my fellow (way more together) bloggers get through this balancing act.
- Speaking of awesome bloggers, I discovered a great blog yesterday - Life of Blyss. Alyssa is absolutely hilarious and I must say I'm super impressed with how toned her arms are. One of her top posts is her Strapless Dress Arm workout, which I plan to try in the next hour or so. I ran my six miles this morning and I just wasn't feeling an arm workout after a six mile run. I'm not the best at sticking to workouts like this, but I need a good arm workout since Insanity and running don't target my arms as well.
- Winter is coming and I swear I'm going to avoid gaining weight or letting myself go over the holidays. With egg nog sitting in my fridge and my recent pumpkin spice latte recipe discovery, it's not going to be easy. I fell off the wagon a bit last week (I missed two workouts! Ridiculous!), so it's time for me to get into a hardcore schedule. I'm actually going to start logging my workouts, which should help. My tentative schedule for this week is Monday: 3 mile run, Tuesday: Insanity Power and Resistance, Wednesday: 3 mile run, Thursday: Insanity Cardio Recovery, Friday: off, Saturday: RPM cycling class, Sunday: 7 mile run. I need to keep challenging myself, otherwise I just won't feel right. After missing two workouts back to back I just felt weird. I don't want to make missing workouts a habit, otherwise all my hard work will go to waste.


5:58 PM
Angela
Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment